Sunday 15 November 2015

Favourite New (to me) Beer - October 2015

Note: I don't know if this will become a monthly thing, but it might be fun to write a few lines about my favourite new (to me) beer each month. So here goes...

October was a pretty big month for BeerFoodBrisbane, I became a husband, hit the 10 year milestone at my workplace, and had Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout for the first time. I've seen this beer on social media a lot over the past year and a half but never seen it in stores. Lucky for me we when we were on our honeymoon the Purple Palate in Malaney (which has a kick ass selection of beer) had a bottle of w00tstout. Having had my eye on it for a while it was an instant purchase.



An awesome beer in every sense of the word. Big, boozy, bold flavours all the way through. And 13% ABV in a huge bottle, it's a beer to share (I didn't though, haha). Mrs BeerFoodBrisbane was being pampered at the spa for three hours, so this bottle is what I did when she was gone. Well this bottle, heavy metal music on the ipod and a shitty science fiction book that was too complicated for me. Good times though.

A special mention was the Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewing Co. 



Thanks for reading, and as always, drink well.
-BeerFoodBrisbane

ps. I'm not a Stone fanboy. I love their beers but it's only coincidence that my favourite two beers of the month were from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment