Monday 4 January 2016

Favourite New (to me) Beer - December 2015

That's the silly season done. After waking up with a rotten hangover on New Years Day I've finally gone back through my list of new beers for December 2015 and picked out my favourite new beer for the month. 

And that beer is... The Golden Stout Time from Big Shed Brewing Co



Golden Stout Time is a beer I've seen pop on social media a lot over the past six months or so. To finally see it in Brisbane and be lucky enough to grab a bottle was a real treat. Brewed with honeycomb and toffee to create the flavours of  Golden Gaytime, and boy did Big Shed make it work. One of the most interesting and enjoyable beers I've ever had. If you haven't had this before I highly recommend keeping an eye out of it.

I had a lot of new beers in December, here's a few others that I really enjoyed.

Garden of Eden from To Øl, which was like a fruit salad in a beer that worked so very well.



And Yin & Yang from Evil Twin Brewing, perfect mixture of IPA and Stout.



Hellbender from Garage Project, spot on awesome Barleywine with some great artwork on the label.



Lots of cool stuff happening in January including the Hottest 100 Craft Beers countdown. Some say there are inherent problems with these sort of polls, but I'm not going to get into that. In all honesty, to me it's a bit of fun and another reason to spread the word about great Australian craft beer.

Thanks for reading, and as always, drink well.
-BeerFoodBrisbane

No comments:

Post a Comment